⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short Snapshot Action Camera review summary:
Product Name: Snapshot Action Camera
Product Description: The Snapshot Action Camera is a compact action camera that can capture high-resolution stills, as well as record video footage in 4K.
Value for Money
- Lightweight and compact;
- High-resolution imaging
- Low battery life;
- Takes time for WiFi to connect;
- MicroSD not included
Introduction to our Snapshot Action Camera Review
You're reading our Snapshot Action Camera review!
Today’s photographers are spoilt for choice when it comes to equipment that they can handily use even on the go. Action cameras, in particular, are sought after by adventurers, outdoorsmen, and extreme sports enthusiasts as, unlike conventional cameras or even those built into smartphones, they can go everywhere – even underwater or through rough terrain.
But what prevents many action photography enthusiasts from getting an action camera is the price which may go into hundreds, even thousands of dollars for the best models. In this case, we suggest you read through today’s Snapshot Action Camera review as we think this device will work for you and your budget.
Action cameras are defined as small compact imaging devices that can go way beyond the reach of conventional SLR, digital SLR, point-and-shoot, and even smartphone cameras.
As they are smaller and more lightweight, they can easily be mounted to one’s helmet, armband, or even shoulder to go where the action is. Plus, having the virtue of being waterproof – and watertight – they can be used for underwater photography or used to take still and moving footage of aquatic sporting events.
There are a number of action cameras available, the best known of which is the GoPro series, but they can be on the expensive side. This begs the question of whether or not a more competitively priced action cam can stride with the big boys – and that’s a question we hope to answer with today’s Snapshot Action Camera reviews.
What is a Snapshot Action Camera?
The Snapshot Action Camera is a compact action camera that can capture high-resolution stills, as well as record video footage in 4K. It comes with its own pre-installed onboard video editing suite so you can take footage on the go and get a head start on your production.
Each comes with the following features and Snapshot Action Camera accessories:
- Waterproof for up to 10 meters;
- 2.0″ screen for recording and playback;
- 16MP resolution for still images;
- 160° view wide angle lens;
- Multiple recording formats: 4K, 2.7K, 1080p, 720p, and MP4;
- Record-while-charging feature;
- Multiple shooting modes: single shot, timed, time lapse, and burst mode;
- Micro HD OUT;
- Supports MicroSD memory card up to 64GB;
- Lightweight and compact construction;
- Built-in image / video editing software;
- Remote control via smartphone application; and
How to use it?
Using a Snapshot Action Camera is actually quite easy:
- Switch on the camera by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds;
- After turning on, the system will go to video camera mode by default. You may switch modes if you wish to use the camera to shoot stills;
- Press the “OK” button to start shooting a video;
- When you're done shooting, press the “OK” button to stop recording and save the file to the MicroSD card you installed into the camera.
Benefits and Advantages
The benefits of using a Snapshot Action Camera for sporting photography and other forms of capturing the action as it happens are as follows:
- Even with just a single sheet of instructions, one will find it instinctively easy to use;
- No blurred images here as you get to shoot 4K videos and stills with up to 20MP resolution;
- Waterproof and durable construction for capturing even the wettest and wildest watersports;
- Built-in WiFi lets you post images and videos to your social media account as events happen; and
- It’s lightweight and compact, so you can take it just about anywhere.
Users' Snapshot Action Camera Reviews
Now, do Snapshot Action Camera reviews
“The Snapshot Action Camera is an easy product to set up; plus, you can just as easily adapt it to other after-sales equipment currently available. I find it great for magnet fishing excursions and other outdoor activities.”Angel V.
“One thing is for sure: the Snapshot Action Camera can easily compete with its high-end competitors. Despite its low price, it can offer you a full load of features. Seriously: go get it NOW!”Mark P.
“The device itself is rather user-friendly. The downside of it is that the device continually shuts off while you're recording, so you can't really see what you're recording or if the camera is pointed in the correct direction. I followed the instructions for removing the video from the memory card (I have other devices that operate in the same manner and they work fine), but this device will not download to my computer. I have videos on the device but they aren't viewable on my computer and, therefore, really aren't usable to me for sharing or posting to social media.”Sam W.
Snapshot Action Camera Pricing (Discounted)
The standard price for a single Snapshot Action Hero Camera will set you back by $69.95, excluding the cost of shipping and handling.
You can get discounted rates if you’re buying more than one item in a single purchase:
Again, shipping and handling are not included in the quoted costs.
The makers of the Snapshot Action Camera offer a 30-day money-back guarantee but only for unopened and unused purchases.
Unused items must be sent back in their original packaging for a customer to avail of either a refund or replacement. Note that the cost of shipping the item back to the manufacturer needs to be shouldered by the customer.
Where to buy?
If you want to make sure that you’re getting an authentic product, make it a point to buy your Snapshot Action Camera from the official Snapshot Action Camera website.
Conclusion to our Snapshot Action Camera Review
What is it best for?
What is it not best for?
Not recommended for long-running shoots.
Snapshot Action Camera Alternatives
- Snapshot Action Camera vs GoPro. In terms of the action camera scene, the GoPro remains the gold standard. Indeed, you can look upon it as an investment for starting a career in the field of action photography.
- DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo vs Snapshot Action Camera: The DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo camera has some advantages in terms of brand recognition, design, image quality, stabilization, and battery life. However it is considerably more expensive.
Snapshot Action Camera Review Final Word
Much as we would have liked to extol the merits of the Snapshot Action Camera, we found ourselves challenged by its very short battery life. While it does shoot photos and videos of exceptional quality, the fact that it tends to shut down after only a few minutes of shooting can be very frustrating. Still, we recommend this as a much more inexpensive alternative to your luxury action camera.
What accessories come with a Snapshot Action Camera?
Your camera comes with its own USB cable, a wireless wrist-mounted remote control, several mounts, a waterproof case, and an instruction manual.
Does it have provisions for viewing footage through a monitor or television screen?
Yes, the Snapshot Action Camera has a micro HDMI port that you can use to attach the device to your desktop, laptop, or television to review footage.
If you've read all the way through this Snapshot Action Camera review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;