⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your FIXD Review snapshot:
Value for Money
A composite hardware-software diagnostic system that enables users to get necessary information regarding their vehicles.
- Offers great value at its price;
- Compatible with both iOS and Android devices;
- Detects nearly 7,000 automotive issues
- Cannot be used for older car models;
- No feature for custom encoding your vehicle;
- Can only read certain codes in specific models
Table of Contents
Introduction to our FIXD Review
Welcome to our FIXD review!
Sometimes, our cars start acting rather strangely. We hear odd noises coming from the engine or it’s harder to turn corners all of a sudden. Admit it, the first thing we do is freak out and track down our local mechanic, auto service hub, or even dedicated hubs for our automotive brand of choice. (Chrysler, Ford, Toyota – you know the drill.)
Honestly, we would like to compare this to someone freaking out and running to A&E for a stomach ache they’ve assumed is something very serious but actually isn’t.
Figuring out what's wrong with cars
But if we can do some safe diagnostics regarding our bodies, couldn’t we do the same thing with our cars? With all the technology at our fingertips, shouldn’t there be a solution to check our cars for issues before we run to the nearest mechanic?
In today’s Fixd OBD2 review, we talk about how the Fixd OBD2 device helps car owners run a diagnostic exam that will help them either fix the issue themselves (in case they have enough knowledge regarding auto repair) or explain the issue to their mechanic of choice in a more detailed manner.
In today’s review we talk about the device, Fixd pros and cons, and see whether or not it will work for individual car owners, as well as whether or not it offers value for one’s money.
What is the Fixd OBD2?
Developed by Fixd, a company headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Fixd OBD2 is a composite hardware-software diagnostic system that enables users to get necessary information regarding their vehicles.
In this setup, the actual Fixd gadget is attached to one's car via the engine's OBD2 port and connects to an app on one's smartphone via Bluetooth. Once plugged in, it can pinpoint a number of issues that can be used to properly inform your service professionals in case a car needs to be brought in for repairs.
The Fixd OBD2 also helps by reminding car owners when their vehicles are due for periodic maintenance.
For this FIXD review, here are the device's features:
- Fixd car scanner for plugging into a vehicle’s OBD2 port with plastic body measuring L 1.5 inches x W 0.5 inches x H 1.75 inches and a weight of 0.96 ounces;
- Live data display featuring multiple PID values as either a graph, gauge, or chart;
- Display options that include trip, 0 to 60, and fighter jet;
- Generated diagnostic reports that include the following:
- Code definition;
- Simplified explanation with key resources for repairs;
- FIXD code reader has a freeze frame feature for taking vehicular snapshots when storing codes;
- Timeline feature featuring specific service intervals for manufacturers;
- Enhanced coding features for several aspects of the vehicle like automated braking systems (ABS), airbags, and others for several popular automotive brands;
- Digital logbook for keeping track of previous codes and repairs;
- Wear Items log for battery life, tire treads, and wipers; and
- Read and clear check engine light feature for vehicles built from 1996 onwards
How to Use It?
For our FIXD car diagnostic review, let's learn how to use this device:
- Plug the Fixd hardware component into the OBD2 port beneath your steering wheel. Keep in mind that this is the same port that your mechanic plugs an analytics machine into to check your car for problems;
- Start your vehicle to activate the engine;
- Open the Fixd app on your mobile phone and click SCAN to monitor automotive issues in real time.
The Fixd sensor identifies nearly 7,000 potential defects and issues affecting your car which could activate the Check Engine Light on your dash. These include the temperature of the oil in the engine and sensor failures to more serious issues. The Fixd app also lets you clear dashboard lights in case you've determined that issues aren't significant.
Keep in mind, however, that Fixd OBD2 only works on gas-powered vehicles built from 1996 onwards and diesel-powered vehicles built from 2008 onwards. If your car, truck, or SUV is older than that, then the Fixd system won’t work for you.
Benefits and Advantages
For our FIXD sensor reviews, let's discuss how you can benefit from this gadget.
Car owners who opt to get the Fixd system for their cars can enjoy the following benefits:
- Issues can be identified even before you go to your mechanic – With the ability to identify 6,800 specific technical issues from minor to major ones, vehicle owners could determine which ones they can handle on their own and which ones need the attention of a skilled professional. In doing so, they can also save money on repairs;
- It's easier to get accurate cost estimates – Anyone who has ever had an accident on the road knows that it takes forever and six days to get their insurance provider to cover the cost of damage and repairs. Based on the findings from the scan, the Fixd app will give you cost estimates based on your location for parts and labor; and
- Scans are done fast – You can have the engine of your vehicle scanned for issues in just minutes as opposed to sitting in your mechanic's waiting room for hours.
Fixd device users will find themselves on the receiving end of the following advantages:
- They enjoy the benefits of one of the most affordable solutions currently available;
- They can use the Fixd scanner even without prior experience in the use of diagnostic apps or hardware;
- Device compatibility is not an issue as the Fixd scanner may be used on both iOS and Android devices;
- No problems with data security here as the only devices working together are the Fixd OBD2 plugged into your car and the app working specifically from your phone; and
- Fixd does continuous monitoring and that's one of the key factors that sets it apart from other devices and apps in its class, so unless you unplug it from your car, you'll always be clued in on the state of your engine.
Users' FIXD Reviews
“My FIXD diagnosed a problem I've been having for a long time. Yeah, it seemed I had a vacuum leak, so I went and put some electrical tape around it. Afterwards, I decided to get it looked at – the dealer get it fixed but he said I'd have to shell out $150 for a diagnosis. I told them I already know it was a vacuum leak, so I just left – in the end I saved $150. FIXD is a money-saver. I recommended it to my daughter.”Kathy C.
“Why buy FIXD? Because it works – simple as that. And mind you, this is my third buy! It's especially convenient for single people, like me, who aren't really into fixing issues with their vehicles. I showed this device to my mechanic and even he was impressed! Fixd got it right the first time, and it has helped me monitor car issues for almost a year now.”Dianne W.
“My car had the hiccups – it was rough driving it and I was always bucking at my seat. When I used the Fixd app, it told me to run repairs and replace the alternator and fix my fuel fixture. Cost me $500 all in all, and I didn't have to pay for professional diagnostics! This device is highly recommended.”Levi T.
FIXD Pricing (Discounted)
In our FIXD OBD2 review, let's talk about FIXD cost and prices. You can get this device at the following prices:
You can save up to 50% if you choose to go for Fixd's two-sensor bundle.
Fixd offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Buyers may also opt to go for the Fixd Premium service where you get the first sensor for free and pay additional every year for additional services like access to the Fixd mechanic hotline, confirmed fix and cost, issue forecast and commonality, incident history reports, and an emissions precheck.
Where To Buy It?
The Fixd sensor and Fixd app combo is available for sale from the official Fixd website, excluding taxes and shipping fees. Along with the sensor, buyers will get features for checking engine diagnostics, issue severity gauge, standard maintenance alerts, and the ability to examine several vehicles. We recommend not buying from Amazon resellers so as to avoid any refund policy issues.
Conclusion to our FIXD Review
Fixd is a great sensor to have for knowing what’s wrong with your car even without heading out to look for a mechanic. Admittedly, despite how many issues it can detect, it doesn’t detect them all, so it still helps to bring your car to the shop when the app detects an issue.
However, Fixd does not work for older vehicles which don’t have the built-in OBD2 port. But even if you have a newer model but would rather work with something different, there’s iOBD2 which is made for Apple devices and Carista OBD2 which has its own sensor for your car.
Does Fixd have a money-back guarantee?
Yes, Fixd offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Will the Fixd work with older vehicles?
No, the Fixd is compatible with gas vehicles manufactured from 1996 onwards and diesel vehicles built from 2008 on.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this FIXD review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of FIXD scanner! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;
- Honest RangeXTD Router Review 2022: Should You Buy It or Not?
- Simplified Muama Enence Reviews 2022: Is This Translator Legit Or Not?
- Simple BLXBuds Reviews 2022: Is It Worth It Or Not?
- Amazing Kore 2.0 Watch Reviews 2022: Worth Buying Or Not?
- Our Honest The Chill Pill Reviews 2022: Is It Legit Or Not?