⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI RSC 2 Review summary:
Value for Money
Developed specifically for mirrorless and DSLR cameras, the DJI RSC 2 Combo gimbal stabilizer is a compact, foldable device equipped with intuitive features
- Lightweight construction for optimal portability;
- Great for transforming mobile footage into pro-looking material;
- Multi-platform / model compatibility
- Involves a higher learning curve;
- Definitely not for novices;
- More expensive than most gimbals
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to our DJI RSC 2 Review
- 2 Features
- 3 How to use it?
- 4 Benefits and Advantages
- 5 Users' DJI RSC 2 Reviews
- 6 DJI RSC 2 Price
- 7 Conclusion to our DJI RSC 2 Reviews
- 8 FAQ
- 9 How many people or moving objects can the gimbal track while using the Active Track feature?
- 10 Can I use the DJI RSC 2 with a mobile phone?
Introduction to our DJI RSC 2 Review
Welcome to our DJI RSC 2 review!
With the advent of digital camera technology, so have the accessories that have made shooting footage so much easier.
But while major film studios and media networks have so many pieces of equipment that can help them produce stunning materials, how about individual filmmakers, experimental cineastes, and those who do still photography or event coverage for a living? While they do have professional-grade cameras (DSLRs for the most part), they don’t have much in the way of dollies and other equipment to boost the quality of their productions.
That said, let’s see how our DJI RSC 2 review can change the game when it comes to DSLR use.
DJI is a brand best known for its drone-deployed camera setups. In previous reviews involving the brand, we have noted the quality of their products and the way that they have become must-haves for those who are into outdoor and landscape photography, architects requiring a 360-degree view of projects, and even avid hobbyists.
But DJI is also known for camera accessories, and their gimbal stabilizers are right up there with some of the best in the industry. While most of them are meant to be used for mobile phones, today’s review covers a model that was specifically made for DSLR cameras.
What is the DJI RSC 2 Gimbal Stabilizer?
Developed specifically for mirrorless and DSLR cameras, the DJI RSC 2 Combo gimbal stabilizer is a compact, foldable device equipped with intuitive features. In doing so, DJI is able to empower filmmakers, solo cineastes, and digital content creators.
For our DJI RSC 2 review, right out of the box, it comes with the following:
- Gimbal with built in battery;
- Multi-camera control cables for different camera models;
- Quick-release plate;
- Camera riser; and
- Extended grip which doubles as a tripod.
But to really maximize your use of the DJI RSC 2 Combo, you have to check out what’s beyond its surface. DJI RSC 2 accessories also includes:
- Foldable construction, making it incredibly portable;
- 1.2kg weight payload;
- 3kg tested payload;
- One-inch OLED screen for easy monitoring;
- Long-lasting rechargeable batteries that can be used up to fourteen hours; and
- Titan stabilization algorithm.
How to use it?
Prior to initially using the DJI RSC 2, be sure to download and install the Ronin functionality app into your mobile phone.
Once you've done this, perform the following procedure:
- Press the power button and hold to power on the gimbal;
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device;
- Launch the Ronin app:
- Register or log in with your DJI account;
- Select DJI RSC 2 on the equipment list;
- Enter the default password 12345678; then
- Follow the app's instructions to activate. Keep in mind that a network connection is required throughout the activation;
- DJI RSC 2 will enter sleep mode after successful activation;
- Press the power button twice to exit sleep mode before use.
Benefits and Advantages
Gimbals are always very useful. The DJI RSC 2 certainly delivers in terms of the following benefits:
- It’s both portable and manageable to carry, making it a great choice for both interior and exterior shoots;
- It offers optimal image stabilization for both stills and moving footage;
- It allows users to produce stunning videos even when working alone;
- Great for tracking movement without blurring;
- Multiplatform and camera DJI RSC 2 compatibility;
- You can easily shift from vertical to horizontal shooting and vice versa;
- DJI RSC 2 tutorials are available; and
- The Titan stabilization algorithm ensures smooth action shots every time.
Users' DJI RSC 2 Reviews
“The DJI RSC 2 is a beast. I've used it with my Canon 90D and 70-105 lenses. The camera and lens combo is heavy, and, when attached to this gimbal, the whole set up gets really heavy. Yet, the RSC 2 itself isn't that heavy at all, and you know you are holding something extremely well made. The RSC 2 is very stable and very easy to use. The whole balancing act is somewhat tough when following the directions given, but I found several online tutorials that demonstrate how to balance everything. After watching those, the instructions made better sense. Once balanced, this is so smooth.”Brian T.
“What you're getting for the price is unreal; a couple years ago I spent 700 on a gimbal that never performed as well as my DJI RSC2. My old gimbal served me well, but I needed an upgrade. Hey, I was actually able to get over 20 handy features on my RSC 2 compared to my old one!”Anthony D.
“As a gimbal, the DJI RSC 2 is a dream come true! Loved the DJI RSC 2 app. Its zoom motor has been a life saver and an absolute joy to play with. Using zoom on a stabilized camera or being able to control your focus with the scroll wheel is just amazing. Just look up the Dolly Zoom Effect and see how you can use this gimbal creatively.”Rob M.
DJI RSC 2 Price
You can get the DJI RSC 2 for $449.00 and users can get 1% of their payment back as DJI Credit for other purchases in the future.
At the moment, there are no offers for multiple orders of the DJI RSC 2, but a single purchase already includes all the necessary accessories for use. You can also read DJI RSC 2 Pro Combo reviews to compare both models.
If you aren’t satisfied with the DJI RSC 2 and the item has no visible physical defects, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
Conclusion to our DJI RSC 2 Reviews
What is it best for?
DSLR and mirrorless camera users, but preferably those who make a living through photography and video coverage.
What is it not best for?
This is probably not the best fit for casual hobbyists.
DJI RSC 2 Alternatives
- DJI RS2 vs RSC2. Comparing DJI RSC2 vs RS2, the RS 2 works well with bulkier camera-lens setups, whereas the RSC2 is more portable and accommodates less heavy combinations.
- DJI RSC 2 vs Pro Combo. The main difference is that the basic RSC2 is cheaper, but the Pro Combo has all the accessories you'll ever need.
DJI RSC 2 Review Final Word
The DJI RSC 2 is definitely a portable gimbal for the big leagues.
Even if you’re a one-person production crew, using an RSC 2 ensures smooth and clear footage that is bound to look fantastic during playback. We highly recommend it!
How many people or moving objects can the gimbal track while using the Active Track feature?
Unfortunately, the DJI RSC 2 can only follow one subject at a time during ActiveTrack mode.
Can I use the DJI RSC 2 with a mobile phone?
No, this particular gimbal was developed for mirrorless and DSLR cameras.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this DJI RSC 2 review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;