⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI Osmo Action 3 review summary:
Value for Money
The DJI Osmo Action 3 is an action camera with breakthrough features that give it improved cold resistance, battery life, and waterproofing. It is capable of shooting high-resolution moving footage as well as stills in practically any situation in or out of doors.
- Great for shooting action videos;
- Excellent image stabilization technology;
- Lightweight and wearable
- Lacks some functionality to be considered a truly professional tool;
- Even with the magnetic casing, it tends to overheat after a few minutes
Introduction to our DJI Osmo Action 3 Review
You're reading our DJI Osmo Action 3 review!
Today’s photographers are spoilt for choice when it comes to equipment that they can handily use even on the go. Action cameras, in particular, are sought after by adventurers, outdoorsmen, and extreme sports enthusiasts as, unlike conventional cameras or even those built into smartphones, they can go everywhere – even underwater or through rough terrain.
But what prevents many action photography enthusiasts from getting an action camera is the price which may go into hundreds, even thousands of dollars for the best models. In which case, we suggest you read through today’s DJI Osmo Action 3 reviews as we think this device will work for you and your budget.
Action cameras are defined as small compact imaging devices that can go way beyond the reach of conventional SLR, digital SLR, point and shoot, and even smartphone cameras.
As they are smaller and more lightweight, they can easily be mounted to one’s helmet, armband, or even shoulder to go where the action is. Plus, having the virtue of being waterproof – and watertight – they can be used for underwater photography or used to take still and moving footage of aquatic sporting events.
There are a number of action cameras available, the best known of which is the GoPro series, but they can be on the expensive side. This begs the question of whether or not a more competitively priced action cam can stride with the big boys – and that’s a question we hope to answer with today’s DJI Osmo Action 3 reviews.
What is a DJI Osmo Action 3 Camera?
The DJI Osmo Action 3 is an action camera with quite a difference. Along with breakthrough features that give it improved cold resistance, battery life, and waterproofing, it is capable of shooting high-resolution moving footage as well as stills in practically any situation in or out of doors.
Each DJI Osmo Action 3 comes with the following features:
- 4K/120 frames per second video quality;
- Super-wide field of vision;
- Durable casing that withstands temperature extremes outdoors;
- Quick-release vertical mount;
- Waterproof dual touchscreens;
- Waterproofing up to 16 meters;
- 4K high-definition video; and
- 10-bit color depth.
In order to use the Osmo Action 3, you will also need to download the latest release of the DJI Mimo application. The DJI Mimo app offers additional features like:
- Simplified media management which automatically uploads your footage to the cloud;
- Intuitive editing suite; and
- DJI Academy online learning archive to learn how to make the most of your imaging equipment.
How to use it?
If the camera is switched off:
- Press the power button to switch it on;
- Press and hold the power button to start shooting;
- Go to SnapShot settings to choose the mode as you shoot.
If the camera is already on:
- Press the shutter button to start shooting or recording;
- To return to camera view, select the appropriate option in Settings or Playback;
- Press and hold to enter SLEEP mode and press it again to exit;
- Note: In SLEEP mode, the camera will automatically shut down after 60 minutes
- Press the shutter button twice to switch from one shooting mode to another;
- If you've chosen QuickClip mode, press and hold the shutter button to extend shooting time.
Benefits and Advantages
The benefits of using the DJI Osmo Action 3 include the following:
- Clearer, steadier-looking footage for both stills and moving imagery;
- Allows users to explore their creative side by way of different shoot modes;
- Lapse Control feature enables users to take their timelapse and hyperlapse footage to new levels;
- Users are able to shoot from different, even unusual, angles to capture more amazing images; and
- Even novice users can produce professional-looking footage.
Users' DJI Osmo Action 3 Reviews
“A definite upgrade from my previous camera and I was going to buy the GoPro 10 when I saw this. This camera is great: I'm very pleased with it. However, the battery life is still short, though I filmed 15 minutes on 4k 60 fps mode and then an additional 20 minutes on 1080p and I was down to around 15% battery life when I was done. I wish the battery life was longer, but I'm very satisfied.”Leah V.
“The picture quality is amazing! I love having the option to choose different fields of view, the zoom option is nice and much better low light performance. Being able to film 4k 120fps and 4k slow motion is great. The battery life is phenomenal: I can film in 4k at least twice as long as I can on my original Osmo Action. The front mics pick up sound well and I found a solution for an external mic mount: I just picked up a selfie stick / mini tripod which has a cold shoe mount on the side. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.”Jason P.
“I waited eagerly for the DJI Osmo Action 3 release date, and I don't regret it! The colors and details that you can get underwater are exceptional, even with little to no light. I've shot fishes, corals, and even a salvaged vessel or two with the Action 3. The quality is really amazing and it's like having a DSLR under the water with me.”Xian Z.
DJI Osmo Action 3 Price
The cost for the standard combo package for the DJI Osmo Action 3 Standard Combo will set you back by $329.00, excluding shipping and handling fees.
For those who want to spice up their DJI Osmo Action 3 experience, a number of action packages featuring additional DJI Osmo Action 3 accessories for your sport or activity of choice are available through the DJI website, such as:
- DJI Osmo Action 3 Adventure Combo: $439.00;
- Action 3 Biking Combo: $408.00;
- Action 3 Skiing Combo: $378.00; and
- Action 3 Diving Combo: $408.00.
Again, shipping and handling are not included in the quoted costs.
If you aren’t satisfied with the DJI Osmo Action 3 and the item has no visible physical defects, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
To ensure that you’re getting an authentic DJI Osmo Action 3, we recommend buying the product through either the official DJI website.
Conclusion to our DJI Osmo Action 3 Reviews
What is it best for?
Those who are into POV-style sporting or activity videos.
What is it not best for?
Probably not the best choice for conventional photography and videography.
DJI Osmo Action 3 Alternatives
DJI Osmo Action 3 vs GoPro Hero 11. To be perfectly honest, the only real competition we see coming against the Osmo Action 3 is the GoPro Hero 11. In its latest iteration, the GoPro 11 is proof that the brand remains the gold standard when it comes to action photography and videography. The GoPro’s primary advantage lies in its upload feature which lets you send images and footage to the cloud during charging.
You can also consider Snapshot Action Camera and the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo.
DJI Osmo Action 3 Final Word
If you’re looking for an action camera that takes things to exactly where the action is as it happens, the DJI Osmo Action 3 is an excellent choice to consider for athletes, adventure bloggers, and outdoorsy-types.
What resolutions are supported by the DJI Osmo Action 3?
- 4K (4:3): 4096×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 4K (16:9): 3840×[email protected]/120fps
- 4K (16:9): 3840×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 2.7K (4:3): 2688×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 2.7K (16:9): 2688×[email protected]/120fps
- 2.7K (16:9): 2688×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
- 1080p (16:9): 1920×[email protected]/120/200/240fps
- 1080p (16:9): 1920×[email protected]/25/30/48/50/60fps
Is distortion correction supported in the DJI Osmo Action 3?
Yes, as you can switch the field of vision to Standard (Dewarp) in the video and audio parameter settings page on the right side of the camera view.
If you've read all the way through this DJI Osmo Action 3 review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;