⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review summary:
Product Name: DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo
Product Description: The DJI Action 2 is a micronized action camera that is a great improvement on DJI's original Osmo Action cam.
Value for Money
- Great for shooting action videos;
- Excellent image stabilization technology;
- Lightweight and wearable
- Lacks some functionality to be considered a truly professional tool;
- Even with the magnetic casing, it tends to overheat after a few minutes
Introduction to our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Review
You're reading our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review!
Thanks to the imaging technologies which evolved following advances in mobile telephony over the past three decades, we have become keen on capturing every moment on camera. Cameras built into our mobile devices have changed how we create and communicate with the world.
But, especially for the current generation of online content creators, mobile cameras alone are not enough to capture the action. For this reason, we suggest you read through today’s DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo reviews to see how this particular device can change how you create and express yourself.
The term microcamera has a certain romance to it that was mainly born of its use as a device in many spy films throughout the decades. But the reality of microcameras involves devices that are small enough to hold in the palm of one’s hand but are still able to record action without lagging and the images need to be as sharp as possible and at the highest resolution.
While such micronized action cams have been in use for a while, they tend to differ in quality. In which case, how does the DJI Action 2 compare to others which have earned the public’s respect? That is what our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review intends to find out.
What is the DJI Action 2 and the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo?
In a nutshell, the DJI Action 2 is a micronized action camera that is a great improvement on DJI's original Osmo Action cam.
Don't let its super-compact appearance fool you: this little microcam will wow you with its 4K video features, its HorizonSteady stabilizer which ensures that horizontal lines remain stable no matter what angle you take, the RockSteady 2 to reduce shaky footage, and several magnetic modules that one can customize based on their creative needs.
Unlike most action cameras, the DJI Action 2 can be used as both a webcam and a camera for streaming with a maximum resolution of 1080/30p.
The DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo, on the other hand, is a bundled offer that brings users the Action 2 and pairs it with additional accessories like the front touch screen module, magnetic lanyard, magnetic ball-joint adaptor mount, magnetic adaptor mount, and its own power cable.
In this DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review, what are its key features?
- 1/1.7″ CMOS sensor;
- F2.8 lens for a 155º field of view (FoV);
- Color temperature sensor that lets the camera adjust as you switch from one shooting situation to another;
- HorizonSteady stabilizer mode;
- Shooting modes include Hyperlapse, Timelapse, and 8x slow motion;
- Lapse Control which enables users to control the speed and duration of their lapse-driven shoot modes;
- Portable and wearable construction;
- Magnetic modules that allow users to pair the camera with accessories to enhance their shoots;
- Waterproof up to 10 meters;
- AI photo/video editor; and
- DJI's proprietary Mimo mobile app.
In order to use the Action 2, you will also need to download the latest release of the DJI Mimo application. The DJI Mimo app offers additional features like:
- Simplified media management which automatically uploads your footage to the cloud;
- Intuitive editing suite; and
- DJI Academy online learning archive to learn how to make the most of your imaging equipment.
How to use it?
For our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review, here's how you use this drone:
If the camera is switched off:
- Press the power button to switch it on;
- Press and hold the power button to start shooting;
- Go to SnapShot settings to choose the mode as you shoot.
If the camera is already on:
- Press the shutter button to start shooting or recording;
- To return to camera view, select the appropriate option in Settings or Playback;
- Press and hold to enter SLEEP mode and press it again to exit;
- Note: In SLEEP mode, the camera will automatically shut down after 60 minutes
- Press the shutter button twice to switch from one shooting mode to another;
- If you've chosen QuickClip mode, press and hold the shutter button to extend shooting time.
Benefits and Advantages
The benefits of using the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo include the following:
- Clearer, steadier-looking footage for both stills and moving imagery;
- Allows users to explore their creative side by way of different shoot modes;
- Lapse Control feature enables users to take their timelapse and hyperlapse footage to new levels;
- Users are able to shoot from different, even unusual, angles to capture more amazing images; and
- Even novice users can produce professional-looking footage.
Users' DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Review
What's the word about this drone? Here are actual DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo reviews from users:
“I totally missed out on the Action 2 when it was first released but recently bought it. It's an awesome tiny camera for vlogging. It has great picture quality, especially in good sunlight and the internal microphone is awesome for selfie vlogging. This keeps it super small for vlogging. Definitely recommended if you are after the smallest, least conspicuous, vlogging camera.”David H.
“Image quality is at par with the DJI Pocket 2 which has mechanical gimbals, and it's way better than any other action cameras I've used. Horizon balancing is excellent after the firmware upgrade, but be careful with the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo 4k 30fps setting as the camera gets overheated after about 15 minutes even with the magnetic case installed.”Mason T.
“Overall, I think the Action 2 is fantastic and the fact you have some internal memory is something that comes in handy especially if you forget to put the SD card back in which I have done. The picture quality is really decent and its stabilization works really well. This is a vlogging beast with a ton of options and decent video quality. The fact you can hook a lavalier mic to it with a small adapter makes it that much better because you don't need a media mod.”Steve H.
DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Pricing
The DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo and the Power Combo are priced as follows:
If you aren’t satisfied with the DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo and the item has no visible physical defects, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
To ensure that you’re getting an authentic DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo, we recommend buying the product through official DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo stores.
Conclusion to our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Review
Now, wrapping up our DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review;
What is it best for?
We find this an excellent tool for active vloggers, particularly those involved in extreme sports or who like the feeling of being able to stream live while their doing what they love.
What is it not best for?
If you have concerns about the way the camera overheats, then this is probably not the best option. Also, this may not be a good fit for static bloggers.
DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Alternatives
If you want to compare the Action 2 Dual Screen Combo, in terms of performance, you may want to look into the following products:
- DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo vs GoPro Hero 10: The thing about the GoPro is that it remains the gold standard when it comes to action photography and videography. The biggest advantage that it has over the Action 2 – even with the bells and whistles that come as part of the Dual Screen Combo – is that you can automatically upload your images and footage to the cloud whenever you’re charging, a handy feature that you shouldn’t turn your nose up at;
- DJI Action 2 Dual Screen vs Power Combo: While the latter costs a little less than the Dual Screen Combo, it pretty much offers the same range of features and functionality. It may not have as many accessories as the Dual Screen Combo, but the Power Combo still gives you the freedom of movement when it comes to taking creative shots.
DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo Review Final Word
The DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo is the perfect physical expression of the word in the sense that it is a powerful tool for visual creators to produce excellent content for their audiences. We highly recommend it!
Does the DJI Action 2 require an app to work?
You will need to download the DJI Mimo app to be able to activate the product.
What’s the maximum resolution?
You can shoot 4k videos on this device.
If you've read all the way through this DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;