⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short Watch the Roads Dash Cam Review summary:
WatchTheRoads car dashcam is a device that easily clips onto your vehicle’s rear-view mirror to record any movement occurring within and around it.
Value for Money
- Easy to install in your car;
- Automatic startup and shutdown feature;
- Records up to fifteen hours’ worth of footage;
- More reasonably priced than similar products
- Requires the installation of microSD cards in order to work;
- Review screen is quite small, so you will need to attach the device to your desktop to review captured footage
Introduction to our Watch The Roads Dash Cam Reviews
Welcome to our Watch The Roads Dash Cam review!
Dashboard cameras (colloquially shortened to dashcam) became a fixture automatically included in the make of numerous cars throughout the past decade – and with good reason.
Having a dashcam brings another level of security to your vehicle – plus, it has the additional virtue of keeping you out of trouble in case anyone accuses you of causing an accident.
But, as we are fond of saying in our reviews, not all of these products are made equal. Today’s Watch The Roads Dash Cam review will see whether this particular brand’s product will work for today’s motorists.
While rear-view mirrors have their uses, one can never be too careful these days. Not to sound negative, but with hooligans and scammers seeming to lurk around every corner, car owners need to find ways by which to safely prevent their implication in alleged crimes or involvement in [obviously staged] accidents.
They aren’t the only ones who need more than a smidgen of help. Those who lend their cars to relatives who discover damage to their vehicles also need a way by which to prove a borrower’s culpability. We should also consider parents whose teenaged or young adult offspring have started taking to the roads: what safeguards do they have with regard to their kids potentially speeding down the streets or getting the family car slightly dinged or, worse, damaged beyond repair?
These are among the many reasons why dashcams were created and, in today’s review, we’ll see how well the WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam fares compared to the competition.
What is a WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam?
Developed by a company called WatchTheRoads, this particular car dashcam is a device that easily clips onto your vehicle’s rear-view mirror to record any movement occurring within and around it.
That said, you can easily leave your vehicle for hours, knowing that the WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam will monitor all activities around it, giving you ample footage that can be used as evidence in the event of an untoward incident. Best of all, it’s 100% legal to use.
The WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam even works while you’re on the road, making it a handy thing to have as it can easily record audio-visual footage that can be used for insurance claims in the event of an accident, as well as a great way by which to share road and traffic conditions with family and friends to spare them the inconvenience of driving through difficult areas.
The WatchTheRoads Car Dash Cam’s key features are as follows:
- Automatic startup and shut down as it begins recording as soon as you switch on your car’s ignition and stops when you turn the motor off;
- Automatic motion detection which activates the dashcam even when you’re away from the car and you’ve turned the motor off. Just the slightest movement will trigger the recording process, capturing anyone who accidentally bumps into your vehicle or deliberately causes damage to it;
- One touch photo capture mechanism enables you to snap a quick pic of the license plate of the car in front of you – a great tool to stop traffic rule violators on the road;
- High-definition video imagery at 720 pixels;
- 120-degree wide angle video coverage;
- High-clarity video and audio output on playback;
- Night vision LED feature;
- Lens that automatically adjusts to any kind of lighting and / or environmental condition; and
- Fourteen hours’ worth of video recording that you can easily review through the dashcam itself or through your desktop computer thanks to a connector cable.
How to use it?
Setting the WatchTheRoads Car Dash Cam in your vehicle is as easy as can be. Just follow the procedure below:
- Using the suction cup mount provided, simply attach the Dashcam to the inside of your windshield, just beneath your rear-view mirror;
- Once the dashcam is securely in place, you can switch it on;
- Adjust the settings to either automatic start/stop or enable the motion-activated sensor to turn the camera on while you’re out of the car;
- You can now drive or park your car and the dashcam will monitor the action around it for you;
- You may review the footage by watching it directly through the dashcam screen or by attaching the dashcam to your computer using the provided data cable.
Benefits and Advantages
Installing the Watch The Road Dash Cam into your vehicle will provide the following benefits:
- It keeps anyone from lodging fraudulent complaints against you, thus keeping scammers and abusive acquaintances at bay;
- Your car is well-protected against theft as well as damage;
- You have peace of mind with regard to the safety and security of your loved ones whilst on the road; and
- You get to keep a standing record of just about everything that happens around your car, giving you ample evidence whenever necessary.
Users' Watch the Roads Dash Cam Review
In this Watch the Roads Dash Cam review, what do actual users say?
“My 16-year-old daughter's driving terrifies me. But the WatchTheRoads Car DashCam allows me to keep track of exactly what she's doing, especially if she's driving recklessly. Well, it certainly proved that the scrape she got on the side of the car didn't just appear at random! This little thing is saving my sanity.”Michael C.
“We all want our lives to be just a little less stressful – and the WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam helps keep me from stressing out. It ensures I don't have to worry about me or anyone else I'm driving with or around will be taken advantage of, as there's always proof. My cousin, who's a cop, says cops love them because they provide great visual evidence.”Sandra M.
“My WatchTheRoads Dashcam has made its money back tenfold! It has saved me from a lawsuit after some idiot ran into me in the parking lot at the grocery store. I could clearly prove he was at fault thanks to my dashcam. It's worth every penny.”Steve R.
WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam Pricing
A single WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam will set you back by $59.99, excluding the cost of shipping and handling.
If you add $10.00 to your purchase, Watch The Road Dash Cam will throw in a two-year service warranty per dashcam. Add $5.00 more, and you also get an extra USB charging cable for your dashcam.
Thinking of getting more bang for your bucks? WatchTheRoads Car Dash Cam offers a number of other value-added packages for you:
As with the basic purchase, costs for shipping and handling are not included with the quoted prices and will be computed at checkout.
For those who aren’t satisfied with the way the Watch The Road Dash Cam works for them, the manufacturer offers a 100% money-back guarantee for those who opt to return the item, but only within 30 days of receipt. Be sure to return the item with its original packaging along with a copy of your proof of purchase.
Keep in mind that customers need to shoulder the cost of shipping the item back to the manufacturer.
Where to buy?
This particular dashcam is exclusively available through the official WatchTheRoads website.
Conclusion to our WatchTheRoads Car Dashcam Review
What is it best for?
Individual car owners who need an extra frisson of security.
What is it not best for?
Probably not a great choice as a dashcam for those running whole fleets of vehicles like trucking or delivery services.
WatchTheRoads Car Dash Cam Alternatives
What is the Best Dash Cam on the Market?
While the Watch The Roads Dash Cam is highly rated for its HD quality and recording capabilities, the Garmin Dash Cam Tandem stands out for its dual-lens camera covering both front and rear views.
While it does cost a bit more than the WatchTheRoads product, the Rove R2-4K Car Dashcam offers a great way to keep tabs on your car – plus, you can install the monitoring app into your mobile device.
We are also going with the state-of-the-art Car Watch Pro as a best alternative.
What is the Best Front and Rear Dash Cam?
Look for high resolution, wide-angle lenses, reliable night vision, and sufficient storage capacity. The Vantrue N2 Pro is widely praised for its front and rear camera quality, offering comprehensive coverage and peace of mind while driving.
Watch The Roads Dash Cam Review Final Word
Having a dashcam in your car can spell the difference between keeping yourself, your family, and especially your car safe on or off the road, getting yourself into a whole lot of trouble thanks to reckless driving, accidents, damage, and fraudulent incidents.
The WatchTheRoads Car Dash Cam, in particular, gives you a reasonably priced yet highly effective way to keep tabs on your car whether you’re driving it or parked anywhere.
Is the footage recorded internally or onto a memory card?
WatchTheRoads recommends that you install a 32GB microSD memory card into the device prior to use.
How long will the dashcam record footage until it’s full?
The maximum recording time is around fifteen hours.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this Watch The Roads Dash Cam reviews, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;