⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short Ooni Fyra 12 Review summary:
Product Name: Ooni Fyra 12 Pizza Oven
Product Description: Ooni Fyra 12 is a hardwood pellet-burning portable pizza oven that can bake pizzas twelve inches in diameter.
Value for Money
- Compact and convenient;
- Portable anywhere;
- Uses hardwood so as to be more sustainable
- Takes a while to set up and preheat;
- You need to keep topping up the fuel source;
- Not as environmentally sound as gas-using models
Introduction to our Ooni Fyra 12 Review
Welcome to our Ooni Fyra 12 review!
Is there anything more deliciously Italian as a crisp-crusted pizza cooked over a wood fire, its underside properly charred in spots and the toppings on its surface baked to just the right level of delectable smokiness?
Short of actually flying or sailing to Naples, most of us will only be able to consume such goodness at a restaurant and end up paying an arm and a leg for the experience. However, given how many people got into home baking during the pandemic, a homemade pizza has become a relatively commonplace item in the dinner menus of many households. Still, not many of these can achieve the gorgeous wood-fired char and smokiness required by a truly great pizza.
But perhaps there is a solution to this – and that’s precisely what our Ooni Fyra 12 review will seek to find out.
The effect of using a wood-burning oven to bake bread, pizza, and rustic confections like biscotti and crostata is what sets the best examples of these foods apart from their mediocre mass-produced counterparts.
Pre-pandemic, the big question was “Who has the time to bake them?” But now that a lot of people have gotten into baking to while away the time whilst sheltering in place, the question has changed to “How can I achieve such excellent products at home when I don’t have the space for a proper brick oven?”
That’s where a portable wood pellet-burning oven like the Ooni Fyra 12 comes in.
What is the Ooni Fyra 12?
Created as a more efficient and portable edition of the original Ooni 3 wood-burning pizza oven, the Ooni Fyra 12 is a hardwood pellet-burning portable pizza oven that can bake pizzas twelve inches in diameter, but may also be used to bake rustic breads, grill fish and meat, and even serve as an all-purpose stove or cooker for outdoor gatherings.
This product is one of Ooni's pro pizza oven range, including the Ooni Koda gas outdoor pizza oven.
Now, in this Ooni Fyra 12 review, what are its features?
Right out of the box, the Ooni Wood Fired Pizza Oven Fyra 12 is equipped with the following:
- Fyra 12 portable pizza oven body with foldable legs;
- Insulated carbon steel shell;
- Oven door for safe cooking;
- Twelve-inch cordierite stone baking board;
- Two-part detachable stainless steel chimney;
- Hybrid pellet scoop / chimney cover;
- Fuel hopper;
- Fuel tray;
- Ooni pizza oven accessories; and
- Flame keeper.
How to Use It?
In order to set up the Ooni Pro pizza oven Fyra 12, follow the steps below:
- Unpack the oven and unfold the legs, ensuring that you set it up on a safe and stable surface outdoors;
- Insert the pizza baking stone and attach the chimney, fuel tray, flame keeper, pellet hopper, and oven door;
- Ensure that there is a clearance of three feet on all sides of the oven and at least nine feet above it;
- Remove the chimney cap;
- Open the chimney baffle and secure the oven door in place;
- Remove the fuel stray from the back of the oven;
- Fill the fuel tray with two scoops of wood pellets;
- Place the firestarter on top of the pellets;
- Light the firestarter, then slide the fuel tray back into the oven;
- Check on the pellets to ensure that these are all lit as opposed to just smoldering through the viewing hole in the oven door;
- When all the pellets are fully lit, add more pellets to the hopper using the chimney cap as a scoop;
- Allow the oven to preheat for around fifteen minutes, then start baking;
- While your food cooks, be sure to keep an eye on the fuel level, keeping in mind that a full hopper will last for just fifteen minutes;
- Your pizza will be perfectly cooked in around 60 seconds.
Is this the best Ooni pizza oven for you? If you prefer your pizza cooked in the fire, then this is for you.
Note that a standard pizza will cook in just a minute. Also, you may use the oven to grill or bake, making it an excellent device to have on hand for picnics and barbecues.
Benefits and Advantages
Now, in this Ooni Fyra 12 reviews, how can you benefit from this oven?
Even if you don’t have much space in your back or even front yard for cooking or barbecuing, the Ooni oven Fyra 12 is an excellent option for you. Using it comes with the following benefits:
- You can easily set it up so long as you have a stable, well-ventilated space for it in the external areas of your home;
- Heats up in just 15 minutes – that’s around half the time it takes for a conventional oven to heat up to optimal temp;
- Baking is quick and results in consistent products every time – read Ooni pizza oven tips; and
- It’s surprisingly portable, so you can take it with you for some proper cookouts.
Users' Ooni Fyra 12 Reviews
“Amazing! We read everything good about this oven from an Ooni Fyra review and it was also highly recommended by several colleagues that had this. Bought one for my son for Father's Day so he could make pizza for his family (well, and for me too; mostly for me). He not only uses it to bake amazing pizza, but also uses it for steaks and other things. The nice thing about getting the 12″ is it allows us to try several different flavors with smaller pizzas. The portability is awesome as we easily take it between our houses and our cabin on the lake.”Jim M.
“After ruining and throwing about twelve pizzas off my back deck, I finally made one that wasn’t embarrassing. The Ooni Fyra 12 is a little beast! It heats up fast, and definitely cranks up the fire! Definitely try different dough recipes, because some will make you rage like I did. Looking forward to more trials; definitely a great buy!”Kev D.
“I absolutely love the pizza oven Ooni Fyra 12! We make pizza just about once a week, and I am so glad I went with the pellet version. Like the Ooni Koda gas outdoor pizza oven reviews we read of Ooni natural gas oven, we were really excited! The flavor is so authentic and it really is so user friendly. The only issue I've ever had with it is that the pellets sometimes get stuck in the automatic feeding tube. But a quick little shake takes care of it. I highly recommend it!”Rod A.
Ooni Fyra 12 Pricing
Now, moving to the price aspect of this Ooni Pizza Oven review of Fyra 12.
The Ooni Koda will set you back by $349.00, but keep in mind that the hardwood pellets are not included. You can buy these directly from the Ooni website.
Shipping is free within the mainland United States. Those living in Hawaii and Alaska need to pay a $50 shipping fee, while purchases by overseas buyers are also subject to import taxes, as well as shipping and handling fees.
Note that additional accessories such as pizza peels are sold separately.
If you aren’t happy with your purchase, you may return the item within 60 days of receiving it. Note, however, that you will need to shoulder the cost of shipping it back.
Where to buy?
Get an authentic item exclusively from the official Ooni website.
Conclusion to our Ooni Fyra 12 Reviews
Now, to wrap up our Ooni review;
If you’re looking for the best way to get restaurant-quality pizzas and other excellent grilled items in the comfort of your home, then the Ooni Fyra 12 should merit your consideration.
What is it best for?
Cooking and baking enthusiasts who lack the space for a proper pizza oven or grill; also for those who like cooking outdoors and prefer to use
What is it not best for?
It’s a bit cumbersome to assemble and disassemble, so it could prove a challenge to those who don’t have the luxury of time or who fumble with overly technical directions.
Ooni Fyra 12 Alternatives
The Ooni Karu 16 could be a better option for you if you’re thinking of baking more than the standard capacity of the Fyra 12. Also, if you feel that burning wood could be detrimental to you carbon footprint, perhaps the Ooni gas pizza oven Koda series would be right up your alley.
Ooni Fyra 12 Review Final Word
As with all our gadget reviews, our Ooni Fyra 12 review is meant to help readers make informed decisions regarding their purchases. But we nevertheless recommend that you do your own research to find products appropriate to your requirements.
How environment-friendly is Ooni?
As a brand, Ooni cares a great deal about the environment and plants 50 trees for every unit purchased. Likewise, its choice of using gas for its ovens means it has a considerably smaller carbon footprint than most outdoor cooking devices.
What sort of wood pellets are used in the Fyra 12?
Hardwood pellets are the primary fuel source for this particular portable oven.
Do I get a pizza stone and peel with my Ooni?
You do get a pizza stone with your purchase, but the peels – wooden and metal – are sold separately.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this Ooni Fyra 12 review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;