⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI Pocket 2 Review summary:
Product Name: DJI Pocket 2
Product Description: The DJI Pocket 2 is a compact camera that you can carry anywhere in order to produce amazing, professional-looking content on the go.
Value for Money
- Lightweight construction for optimal portability;
- Excellent audio;
- Great image resolution
- More expensive than a camera phone;
- AI editing suite comes off as very basic
Introduction to our DJI Pocket 2 Review
You're reading our DJI Pocket 2 review!
The advent of influencer culture has led to several advances in imaging technology. Today’s cameras are now more portable and have a number of built-in capabilities that enable users to go beyond the usual point-and-snap way of capturing footage.
Most of the time, those who produce social media content rely on their camera phones or DSLR cameras that can connect to editing suites via Bluetooth, WiFi, or USB cable connections. But did you know that there’s actually a small, compact camera that can do just about everything that any of those can but better?
That’s the gist of today’s DJI Pocket 2 review and we’ll show you how well this small wonder stacks up against the competition.
DJI is a brand best known for its drone-deployed camera setups in several Dji pocket 2 release dates. In previous reviews involving the brand, we have noted the quality of their products and the way that they have become must-haves for those who are into outdoor and landscape photography, architects requiring a 360-degree view of projects, and even avid hobbyists.
But did you know that the company’s camera technology extends into other devices? We’re specifically talking about its Pocket series of micro-cameras which are an excellent alternative to using the camera on your phone, lugging around a DSLR, or even mounting a GoPro on your bike or a helmet to capture moving footage.
What is the DJI Pocket 2 Camera?
The DJI Pocket 2 is a compact camera that you can carry anywhere in order to produce amazing, professional-looking content on the go.
Small and lightweight, it’s just the thing you need to capture moments as they happen – and make them look like they were taken by professional shutterbugs or cineastes.
The key features of the DJI Pocket 2 compact camera include the following:
- Lightweight and compact construction;
- Three-axis motorized gimbal for image stability;
- ActiveTrack 3.0 facial recognition and focus technology;
- Story Mode to help create short films for posting, complete with a soundtrack and basic visual effects;
- Two time lapse modes: monolapse with smooth camera transitions and hyperlapse to let viewers travel through time;
- AI Editing suite;
- 64 megapixel still photo resolution;
- 4K / 60 frames per second video resolution;
- 8X zoom capability;
- DJI Matrix Stereo audio recording technology; and
- Available in two colorways to suit the styles of individual users.
How to use it?
- Install the DJI Pocket 2 app.
- Turn on the DJI Pocket 2 by holding down the Power Button for two seconds;
- Press Function Button once to switch between camera and video modes;
- In Camera Mode, tap bottom left icon to open the Camera Mode Settings menu
- Choose your aspect ratio and countdown timers.
- Press Shutter Release Button to take pictures whilst in Camera Mode;
- In Video Mode, tap bottom left icon to open the Video Mode Settings Menu;
- Now you can alternate between the intelligent video features;
- Press Shutter Release Button once to begin recording in Video Mode;
- To stop recording, press and hold down the Shutter Release Button;
- To center the DJI Pocket 2 gimbal, press the Function button twice;
- To go into Selfie Mode, press the Function button thrice to swivel the camera towards you;
- Lock the gimbal into place by pressing and holding down the Function button;
- Repeat pressing and holding down the Function button to unlock the gimbal.
Benefits and Advantages
The benefits of using the DJI Pocket 2 waterproof camera include the following:
- Professional-looking still photos and moving footage;
- Minimal learning curve;
- Excellent audio recording technology;
- Great focus, so faces and other shots are clear and distinct;
- AI Editor enables even those who know nothing about video editing to create professional-looking videos; and
- It’s easy to interface with your desktop, laptop, and mobile phone in order to prepare and upload videos for social media.
DJI Pocket 2 Review from Users
“I am no photography expert, so not going to say the DJI Pocket 2 is the best or anything. There's a DJI Pocket 2 tutorial to make the process easier. But for preserving family memories, it's just incredible. I love how small and lightweight this camera is. It fits in your hand and you could even put it in your pocket. Power it on, push the record button, and you are in business: it's so easy to use! So far it's had great stabilization, making it a perfect point and record camera. The video this takes is fantastic. We've been playing the videos on our 65″ 4K Bravia TV and they're awesome: looks so good with great colors and clarity.”Ron K.
“I'm currently just enjoying how the DJI Pocket 2 works. The battery life could be a little better, though: after 45 minutes of continuous filming, I was down to 27% battery – and that was from it being charged 100%. So, if you need to film longer, this is a challenge as to the charging port may make it difficult for you to charge and film at the same time. You definitely would not be able to plug in your phone and the charger at the same time on the gimbal. All in all, though, it's a great product; I highly recommend it.”Dean S.
“The DJI Pocket 2 gimbal video camera that is perfect for carrying with you almost all the time; it's a fine grab and go camera. It does burn through batteries when you are doing 20-minute-long stop-motion sequences (I suggest you bring another battery) and needs a little work with its HDR; hopefully, a patch will fix that. At first, I did not like the fact that the camera turns on and faces you, although there is an alternative startup that has the camera facing away from you. Also, the audio is great.”Diane T.
DJI Pocket 2 Price
You can get the DJI Pocket 2 for $349.00 through the official website, as well as the brand’s official Amazon storefront.
Note that this price does not include shipping and handling.
DJI Pocket 2 price options
To get more bang for your buck, the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo package includes one DJI Pocket 2 as well as the following DJI Pocket 2 accessories:
- Do It All Handle;
- DJI Pocket 2 mini control stick
- Wireless microphone transmitter;
- DJi Pocket 2 Micro tripod; and
- Wide-angle lens.
This package is priced at $499, again excluding shipping and handling.
Suppose you aren’t satisfied with the DJI Pocket 2, and the item has no visible physical defects. In that case, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
To ensure that you’re getting an authentic DJI Pocket 2 and its accessories, we recommend buying the product through its official website.
We recommend avoiding any reseller stores on Amazon, eBay, Facebook Marketplace for authenticity and any possible refund policy issues.
Conclusion to our DJI Pocket 2 Review
What is it best for?
We recommend the DJI Pocket 2 for those who actively use social media to present their own content. Likewise, it’s a product we recommend for those who want to learn the basics of digital photography, cinematography, and video editing.
What is it not best for?
Given how basic the editing suite is, this is probably not suitable for professional videographers, as well as those who need to shoot extensive footage with long runtime.
DJI Pocket 2 Alternatives
- DJI Pocket 2 vs GoPro Hero 10. GoPro Hero 10 is a more durable and rugged than the Pocket 2's beginner-friendly features.
- DJI Pocket 2 vs GoPro. GoPro has longer battery life, but is slightly more expensive than Pocket 2.
DJI Pocket 2 Review Final Word
All things considered, we highly recommend this pocket camera to shoot your footage. If you thought that DJI only made drones, the DJI Pocket 2 will change your mind. It’s an excellent thing to have on hand for those who like snapping photos on the go or who want to capture special moments in the best possible quality.
What are the dimensions of the DJI Pocket 2?
The DJI Pocket 2 measures 124.7×38.1×30 mm and weighs 117g.
What’s the maximum resolution for still / moving footage?
64 megapixels is the maximum resolution for stills, while videos are 4K at 60 frames per second.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this DJI Pocket 2 review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;