⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI Air 2s review summary:
Value for Money
Touted as the ultimate drone for creators on the move, the DJI Air2S is a compact drone powerhouse.
- Longer flight and shooting time than most models;
- Lightweight and portable;
- High-resolution image capture
- Has a shorter refund period than most;
- Steep learning curve;
- One of the more expensive models currently available
Introduction to our DJI Air 2S Review
You're reading our DJI Air 2S review!
As a brand DJI has built up a solid reputation as a manufacturer of drones, drone cameras, and related technologies. From the Mini 2 to the numerous gimbals it offers for image stabilization on the go, DJI solutions have proven a boon to both amateur and professional photographers and filmmakers who want to level up their work.
In today’s DJI Air 2S review, we’ll see if this latest addition to the brand’s growing line of drone cameras is up to par and if it offers any perks that set it apart from both its fellow DJI models and the competition.
Quadcopter drones – the ones that have four spinning rotors to carry them into the air – have become the gold standard for both professional and hobby-only drones. They tend to fly farther, stay in the air longer, and are equipped with better cameras than most conventional drones.
While there are multiple brands specializing in quadcopters, DJI is the brand best known for its drone-deployed camera setups. In previous reviews involving the brand, we have noted the quality of their products and the way that they have become must-haves for those who are into outdoor and landscape photography, architects requiring a 360-degree view of projects, and even avid hobbyists.
So what else is there for the brand to offer in terms of drone technology? That’s what we hope to find out in today’s DJI Air 2S review.
What is the DJI Air2S?
Since the DJI Air 2s release date, it has been touted as the ultimate drone for creators on the move. That said, the DJI Air2S is a compact powerhouse of a drone.
Essentially, it has been engineered as an optimized edition of DJI's most advanced drones to date as it offers improved safety features, as well as new tweaks with DJI Air 2s camera specs and flight capabilities.
Regardless of whether you're a complete novice regarding drone use, the DJI Air2S is bound to become your firm favorite in the field.
Right out of the box, the DJI Air 2S specs are the following:
- One-inch CMOS sensor;
- Maximum weight of 600g – slightly heavier than some of DJI's models, but still within the lightweight category;
- 7.1 x 3 x 3.8 inches folded and 7.2 x 3 x 10 inches;
- Maximum of 30 minutes flight and shooting time on a single charge;
- 3,500mAh rechargeable for longer DJI Air 2s battery life;
- Three shooting modes: sport, positioning, and cine;
- Superior aviation features:
- Advanced pilot assistance system;
- ADS-B aviation technology; and
- Maximum flight speed of up to 68kph;
- Maximum video transmission range of 12km;
- Maximum video resolution of up to 1080p (FHD); and
- Frame rate of up to 120fps.
How to use it?
Getting started is a basic three-step process:
- Place the drone on level ground, particularly in a clear location for a safe take-off;
- Switch on the remote controller; and
- Switch on the drone.
Activate flying modes:
- For automatic take-off/landing:
- Click the Take-off button on the left side of the screen to enable the drone to take off automatically without using the remote control;
- Land the drone using the RTH button also on the left side of the screen to safely bring it back without resorting to the remote.
- For manual flight:
- Take hold of the remote control;
- Push the joysticks down and inward to start the drone's propellers;
- Push the left stick upward to ascend, down to descend, sideways if shifting from right to left;
- Push the right stick up to move forward, down to move back, sideways to shift from left to right;
- To land the drone, push and hold the left stick downward until the drone lands and the propellers power down.
Use the screen display to shift from one capture mode to another and to record.
Benefits and Advantages
The benefits of using the DJI Air 2S drone are as follows:
- Lightweight and compact construction make it the perfect size and weight to tote around in one’s bag or knapsack;
- High-resolution image capture technology to ensure gorgeous shots every time;
- Bigger battery capacity gives it longer flight and recording time;
- Offers both automatic and manual modes to benefit both novice users and professionals;
- Different image capture modes enable users to maximize their use of the drone as a recording device; and
- Image stabilization and flight resistance technologies allow users to capture clearer images regardless of wind and weather conditions.
Users' DJI Air 2s Review
So, what do users say about DJI Air 2s review?
“I decided to take a chance on the Air 2S and there is no comparison! This drone is incredible! The camera quality, gimbal, and – most of all – the connection are rock solid! The DJI Air 2s app also makes everything easy. The range is insane and I experienced the auto return home (I got a little too excited and flew into a valley far away losing the connection) today and it was almost dead on. I'm sold on this and will be sticking with this brand from now on. Spoil yourself with this one; you won't regret it!”Lloyd M.
“The Air 2S is on par with the rest of the DJI aircraft for performance and reliability. It's very easy to fly. It interfaces with your smart phone very smoothly. The controls are straightforward and simple to understand and operate. It's larger than the Mini, smaller than the M2P, and right in the middle, pricewise.”Mikel B.
“I purchased this drone as a reward for passing my Part 107 exam to be able to fly drones commercially. Coming from a Mavic Air (the original one) this is so much of an upgrade that it's not even funny. The DJI Air 2S has a 1″ sensor, giving it much better low light performance than the Mavic Air. On the Mavic Air, if you are shooting at anything at all over ISO 100 you might as well just throw the image away. On the DJI Air 2S I've gone up to ISO 800 without the level of noise I would have at 100 on the previous drone.”Toby H.
DJI Air 2S Price (Discounted)
The DJI Air 2S drone is certainly on the pricier end of the scale as it costs $999.00 each; but users can get 1% of their payment back as DJI Credit for other purchases in the future. There are also DJI Air 2s discounts offerd.
Shipping and handling fees are not included.
If you want a fully equipped drone with all the additional bells and whistles for the ultimate outdoor videography/photography experience, we suggest you get the DJI Air 2S combo Fly More at $1,299.00.
Again, fees for shipping and handling are not included.
If you aren’t satisfied with the DJI Air2S and the item has no visible physical defects, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
To ensure that you’re getting an authentic DJI Air2S drone and DJI Air 2s accessories, we recommend buying the product through its official retail site.
Conclusion to our DJI Air2S Reviews
What is it best for?
Professional and hobby photographers specializing in outdoor footage or still shots.
What is it not best for?
Probably not a good thing for younger drone handlers to use.
DJI Air2S Alternatives
Just about anything from the DJI drone catalog would work just as well.
DJI Air 2s vs Mini 3 Pro. The Mini 3 Pro is perfect for first-time drone owners.
DJI Air 2 vs Air 2s. The difference lies in their sensors, so while the Air 2 has a 1/2 inch chip, the Air 2s has a more powerful 1 inch chip for better light-gathering.
DJI Air 2s vs Mavic 2 Pro. The Air 2s' powerful 1-inch chip sensor makes it a better drone overall than the Mavic 2 Pro.
DJI Air 2s vs Mavic Air 2. The Mavic Air 2 is a much cheaper alternative than the Air 2s.
DJI Air 2S Review Final Word
With the Air2S quadcopter drone, DJI is again changing the game in terms of outdoor and aerial imaging technology. It's a an amazing buy.
How heavy is the DJI Air2S?
It’s slightly heavier than most of the other DJI models we’ve reviewed so far as it clocks in at around 600g.
What’s the maximum flight time for the DJI Air2S?
You can fly the drone for around 30 minutes on a single charge.
Does the drone come with its own memory card?
No, you will need to purchase one separately.
If you've read all the way through this DJI Air 2s review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;