⏳ Do you want to skip the read and get right to my pick? The best migraine ice hat for most people is Aculief Headache Relief Hat.
Introduction to our Guide to the Best Migraine Ice Hats
Of all the headache types, migraines are the worst of all. Unlike “normal” headaches that run their course in minutes to around an hour, migraine pain lasts for hours or even days. Mostly, these begin pulsing in the forehead, on one side of the head, or the orbits of your eyes.
While the pounding and pulsing are bad enough, even the slightest movement, a blare of noise, or a flash of light can worsen migraines considerably.
Prescription medicine is the primary course of action for dealing with headaches. But what if one hits you suddenly, and you don't have any meds? That's where migraine ice hats come in, and today's rundown of the best ice packs for headache gives you a choice between our top two picks.
Our List of the Best Migraine Ice Hats
- Aculief Headache Relief Hat – best overall headache relief hat (editor's pick!🏆 )
- TheraICE RX Headache Relief Hat – best in versaility
Comparison Between the Top Ice Pack for Migraine
Note: Prices are subject to change over time. Please click the links to check for current pricing.
|🏆 Aculief (Editor's Pick!)
|Semi-balaclava-style wearable ice pack
|Beanie-style wearable ice pack
Mild to moderate headaches;Post-chemotherapy relief
|Mild to moderately-severe headaches;
Cases of mild to moderate sinusitis;
Neurological, muscular, or TMJ headaches;
Hangover and / or caffeine withdrawal headaches;
Hangovers and caffeine withdrawal
|Customer User Reviews
|Cloth-textured freezable PVC mesh;Four freezable built-in hydrogel packs
|Hypoallergenic synthetic cloth make;
360-degree cold compression and heat coverage;
Patented light-blocking and sinus covering design;Expert-grade hydrogel
|Check Current Pricing
|Check Current Pricing
1. Aculief Headache Relief Hat (Editor's Pick!)
Best Overall Headache Relief Hat
- PVC fibers woven into a cloth-like mesh that is washing-machine safe for up to 300 cycles, freezer-safe, and highly durable; and
- Medical-grade freezable hydrogel packs you can arrange for comfort and relief
What we like about the Aculief is its two-pronged approach to migraine relief. Along with bracing cold, it applies sustained compression to the crown and sides of the head to bring relief to the wearer.
It's also one of the most comfortable options available when it comes to wearable ice packs. PVC fibers that move and feel like cloth make up the hat's exterior, ensuring that you can wear it comfortably as it conforms to the shape of your head.
Each ice pack within the Aculief holds a medical-grade hydrogel that freezes solid, is safe for on-skin contact, and can be moved around the hat to target critical areas for relief. If your migraine brings about a bout of photosensitivity, you can quickly draw the front of the cap over your face to keep the light out, allowing you to get some rest, even take a nap, to ride your migraine out.
However, this does not mean that the Aculief works for all migraines. Using an Aculief or any similar ice hat is not recommended for severe cases. That's also why you can't use this migraine ice cap on those with severe head injuries or who have had head surgery.
Click here to check current pricing details of this best ice pack for migraines option.
This ice pack for migraine allows refunds within 60 days of an order's completion.
Where to buy it
We recommend that you get this best migraine ice hat through the official website to ensure authenticity and quality.
2. TheraICE RX Migraine Relief Cap
Best in Versatility
- Hypoallergenic synthetic cloth make;
- 360-degree cold compression and heat coverage;
- Patented light-blocking and sinus covering design;
- Expert-grade hydrogel which can be frozen for at least two hours prior to use
Whenever you have a migraine, the last thing you need is a substantial amount of pressure being applied to your head as if it were being held in a vise. For this reason, the creators of TheraICE Migraine Headache Relief Cap crafted it with patients' comfort in mind.
When it comes to dealing with migraines and the photosensitivity that is one of their hallmarks, the finely woven synthetic fabric that makes up TheraICE's exterior easily blocks out light, allowing wearers to go into a state of rest to alleviate the pain.
Likewise, the way the fabric molds to the shape of the wearer's head ensures that pressure gets applied to critical areas – think of it as wearing a personal massage device for your head – in order to soothe and relax the migraine sufferer.
But migraines aren't the only issue TheraICE helps resolve. You can even use it to soothe brutal hangover headaches, as well as the effects of over-caffeination.
Click here to check current pricing details of this best headache hat.
Where to buy it
Along with other non-pharmaceutical pain relievers, you can get the TheraICE RX best headache hat through its official website.
How do Best Ice Packs for Headaches Help Those Who Wear Them?
For decades, both medical practitioners and laymen considered cold therapy – often the application of cold compresses or ice packs to the crown of the head – the best way to relieve the brutal pounding pain of migraine headaches.
Indeed, the National Institutes of Health released a study showing how effectively frozen hydrogel or ice packs brought relief to those with migraines. 52% of those surveyed for the study remarked that using an ice pack alone brought immediate relief well before their medication kicked in.
Today, migraine ice hats, often sold as headache hats or migraine caps, bring the basic principles of cold therapy to a garment that is easily worn, comfortable, and soothing all at once.
That said, wearing a migraine ice hat instead of (or in tandem with) taking pain meds delivers the following benefits to those who opt to wear them:
- These hats are safer than conventional medication as they are non-habit-forming and pose no adverse side effects;
- They may be used for mild to moderately severe migraines, as well as other headache types like TMJ pain, sinusitis, and tension headaches;
- One can easily stow them in the freezer to keep them ready for the next use;
- You can easily launder them as many brands are washing machine-safe;
- The synthetic fabrics used easily mold around the contours of one's head for maximum comfort; and
- Wearing a migraine ice hat relieves any stress or tension that could be making one's migraine worse.
How We Chose the Best Migraine Ice Caps
In order to determine the best ice cap for migraines, we took the following criteria into consideration:
- Overall comfort, particularly the way the hat molds itself to the head, as well as features like blackout mode and sustained compression on critical areas for lasting relief;
- Overall safety in that the materials used are non-toxic, non-pharmaceutical or narcotic in nature, and readily washable;
- Speed of relief thanks to the combination of bracing cold and pressure applied to key areas; and
- Overall value for money as items like these need to be durable enough for regular use.
Conclusion to our Best Migraine Ice Hats Guide
We appreciate the way both Aculief and TheraICE best migraine hat deliver much needed relief to those who wear them, but keep in mind that these are meant to be temporary measures for mild to moderate migraines. That said, our top pick is Aculief Headache Relief Hat.
In the event of a truly severe migraine or headaches that may be the precursor to more serious medical issues, we recommend an immediate consultation with your doctor.
Please note that, in the interest of getting legitimate products, we recommend that you reach out to the best migraine ice hats through their official websites. You may also get great discounts for multiple purchases. Beware of purchasing from marketplace sites claiming to be resellers so to avoid issues with refunds and returns in the future!
Do I need to freeze the ice packs well in advance?
Yes, it is recommended that you keep the ice packs – or the hat itself – in the freezer for at least two hours. But, to ensure immediate availability, you can keep it there indefinitely.
Can I use these hats for head injuries?
No, these are vetoed for head injuries, especially those where any additional pressure could lead to blood clots or a stroke.
If you've read all the way through this best migraine ice hat guide, we are grateful. Feel free to read our other reviews and comparisons as well as in-depth articles of products featured here;