⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short Album Saver review summary:
Value for Money
The Album Saver is a diminutive digital storage solution specifically developed to store photo and video files.
- Massive file capacity;
- Handy and portable;
- No need to install additional software
- No longer available online;
- Does not work as advertised;
- Tends to fill up rapidly, but doesn’t save all of one’s files.
Introduction to our Album Saver Review
Note: AlbumSaver is no longer available to purchase. The best available alternative is ThePhotoStick Omni.
You are reading our Album Saver review!
Back in the days when photography relied on film cameras, saving photos only meant sliding individual prints into the pockets of a picture album. As imaging technology evolved, so did the manner by which photos – and now even videos – are stored.
But not all these methods were made equal, so those who want reliable image storage solutions need to shop around for the most viable one for their needs. For this reason, we invite you to read through today’s Album Saver reviews and see how this solution stacks up.
Out of the box photo saving solutions seem to be a dime a dozen these days. For the most part, these are pre-programmed USB flash drives that essentially detect and select visual media files – still and moving – from your laptop (and, in some cases, mobile devices) and serve as an external archive for them, thus freeing up valuable space on your device.
The Photostick, for example, is held up as a prime example of the tool. To put it bluntly, it's an external media storage option that works using a USB flash drive. Originally, the device was meant for use only with desktop computers and laptops. Today, its developers offer a line of PhotoStick Mobile options designed for smartphones and tablets – but it is far from the only solution currently available.
In which case, let's take a closer look at the Album Saver.
What is the Album Saver?
Essentially, the Album Saver is a diminutive digital storage solution specifically developed to store photo and video files. Unlike most solutions, it is an autonomous device that you may simply plug into a laptop or desktop's USB port to sort and save any visual media files you have.
It prides itself on having a great deal more in terms of storage space than most of its competitors and has the capacity to save up to 70,000 image or video files at any given time.
Note: Before we go on, we would like to make it clear at this point that the Album Saver is, essentially, defunct. Its website has gone offline and even its Amazon listing marks it as unavailable. We will, however, continue the review and make a comparison with the current gold standard products.
The device’s primary features are as follows:
- Ready to use plug and play interface, which switches on when you plug the device into a computer;
- Multiple operating system compatibility as it works on both Windows and MacOS computers;
- Massive storage capacity of up to 70,000 medium- to high-resolution photos at any given time;
- Photo organization feature allows users to sort and keep tabs on their files; and
- One-click sharing feature that allows users to share and/or swap visual media files with family and friends.
How to use it?
There is no need to install additional software to use the Album Saver as it works autonomously and automatically when you plug it into your computer:
- Insert the Album Saver dongle into your desktop's / laptop's USB port;
- Once the Album Saver is plugged in, its program initiates a search for both photo and video files without your intervention;
- Wait for the prompt which advises you that it has found your media files. This will be a window with a large green Save button;
- Click the button to save the selected files to the Album Saver and the device will begin downloading the files into itself;
- When the Download is Complete notice appears, simply detach the Album Saver from your device.
Benefits and Advantages
For this Album Saver Photo Stick reviews, using the Album Saver Stick accords users the following advantages:
- No need to install additional software as the program in the Album Saver automatically switches on when plugged;
- Storage capacity is ample for both still photos regardless of resolution and video files;
- Makes organizing your photos much easier (though we admit that this feature is somewhat flawed – sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't);
- Can be used on multiple devices; and
- Also has a version for mobile devices, allowing users to save files on the go while keeping space free on their phones.
Users' Album Saver Stick Reviews
What are users' reviews of Album Saver?
“The Album Saver stick is very tiny but it does sort files according to the originals. I don't know if it's my computer or the USB port, but it took thirteen hours to complete the upload process of all my photos – and I still can't figure out where the videos went. Additionally, the 64GB device is now completely full. I was greatly disappointed.”Ines O.
“It took 32 hours to download my pictures, but it did nothing to sort them into folders the way it was advertised. I did contact the company to see if this was usual and did receive a reply the next day. Unfortunately, it was auto-generated and I haven't heard back from them since. I am so disappointed.”Marilyn S.
“I got the one with 128 gigs of space. It said that it did not have enough space to do the work. It did nothing at all. The software is the important part of this and the software did not work.”Theodore M.
Album Saver Pricing
At the moment, we cannot give a price for the Album Saver as it has been pulled out of retail circulation online.
Where to buy?
Conclusion to our Album Saver Reviews
What is it best for?
In and of itself, the Album Saver stick worked better as a personal archive.
What is it not best for?
Not a great choice as an archive/file organizer for professional photographers or advertising agencies.
Album Saver Alternatives
Album Saver vs Photo Stick. Like we stated earlier, The Photostick has become the gold standard for personal image storage. All you need to do is plug the micro-drive into your device and start it up. It will automatically go over the files on your phone or tablet, find the ones whose formats are compatible with it, then transfer them into its internal storage.
As the process is automated, you needn't look through your files yourself. This is handy for files that you managed to forget about or have been stored in folders you've forgotten. In this particular case, the capabilities have been proven time and again.
Album Saver Review Final Word
Our AlbumSaver reviews are meant to help users make informed decisions as to the type of digital media storage they want for themselves. One of the primary reasons we think led to the disappearance of the Album Saver is the way it did not live up to the expectations it set up for itself through its ads online. Likewise, the more widespread and multiple format-friendly Photostick has dominated the market and pretty much shoved this particular competitor off the playing field.
Is the Album Saver still available?
No, the manufacturer’s website has been offline for a while and the Amazon listing marks it as unavailable.
Which is better – Album Saver or Photostick?
All things considered, Photostick is better and more stable than Album Saver.
If you've read all the way through this Albumsaver reviews, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;