Value for Money
iMemories is a digitisation service for photos, home videos, and films. It's the perfect technological solution to preserve your most previous memories.
- Offers photo restoration services for media previously thought unsalvageable;
- Cloud storage allows for easy access anytime;
- Processing available for multiple image or media formats
- Can get quite expensive;
- Shipping and processing time may take up to a month;
- Basic storage only available for a month
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 So, What Do You Do With All Those Negatives?
- 3 What is iMemories?
- 4 Key Features
- 5 How Does the iMemories Service Work?
- 6 Benefits and User Advantages
- 7 User Reviews
- 8 iMemories Pricing
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 FAQ
- 11 Are there any limits as to how much media I can have digitised?
- 12 Will I get my media back?
- 13 Does the service also restore damaged films or photos?
Welcome to our iMemories reviews!
What if I told you that you can make memories last forever with a digitisation service?
When you talk about personal photography, you mean the ability of ordinary people to own cameras to take pictures of their most memorable occasions or to serve as a leisurely hobby. This activity became more commonplace after the Second World War. During this time, cameras and the film used with them became more widely available, hence the great number of film negatives in both institutional and personal archives.
But with the advent of digital photography from the ‘90s onwards, film photography has been shunted into a corner and the once-common photo development studios that once stood in virtually every corner have all but disappeared.
For this reason, services like iMemories Computerized Photo Albums (iMemories CPA) were developed. Other similar services have been compared, such as iMemories vs Legacybox.
This review shows the merits of the iMemories service and how it can help those who need professional photo development to protect their precious memories.
So, What Do You Do With All Those Negatives?
Let's put some context into this iMemories reviews.
A lot of people still have a variety of analog image-capture products in their possession: undeveloped rolls of film, negatives, even moving-picture reels and videotapes. While these help to make memories last, the wear-and-tear of time will eventually cause the quality of images produced from these materials to deteriorate. In which case, people need to consider an image digitisation service to preserve these for posterity. iMemories is one such service that could help.
What is iMemories?
We’ve stated previously in this iMemories reviews that iMemories is an image digitisation service which scans images from analog materials like undeveloped film rolls, negatives, filmstrips, and even video recordings in obsolete formats like Betamax and UHF into high-quality digital images that can be kept in an online archive or posted on the owner’s blog, website, or social media account.
Currently, the service handles media conversion for the following formats:
- Both colour and monochrome film negatives;
- Photographic slides;
- Developed photographs (recolouring and digital restoration);
- Filmstrip presentations;
- Mini DV.
- VHS / VHS-C.
- Betamax, and
- Development of film reels in these formats:
- Super 8
For this iMemories reviews, let's learn what this product is capable of doing.
- Distributed storage through the service's own cloud server. There are many benefits to digitisation, including ease, income, and searchability. Users can access their digitised files, provided they have an account with the platform as access is ensured via registered email and password;
- Multiple device access via desktop and mobile screens;
- Sharing capability for social media. Currently, the platform supports direct image-sharing on Twitter and Facebook. If you're planning to share your photos on Instagram, you'll need to do so manually;
- Slideshow creation. This works beautifully for those who need a selection of pictures to display at an event like a wedding or a family reunion. Users can organise photos and videos to create a compelling and cohesive presentation. Full-screen mode is available for those who want to see the entirety of the presentation's content; and
- Offline viewing mode. This feature comes in handy for those who can't access their desktop or those who want to do their presentations but don't have access to the internet. It's also a great way to engage older people who may not be so active on social media or lack the technical know-how to navigate the internet. iMemories also allows users to download images to their devices for quick access even without a data connection.
How Does the iMemories Service Work?
I'm sure many of you will ask – is iMemories legit? You need to understand how it works.
Keep in mind that iMemories does not work like a digital camera, let alone a conventional scanner or printer. You will need to ship your media to their facility in Scottsdale, AZ for processing.
In order to do this, you can either ship your media in your own box or use iMemories' own Safeship Kit. Measuring 18″ x 12 ” x 6″, the Kit consists of a crush-proof carrier box, a welcome guide, prepaid shipping label via FedEx, shock-resistant cushions, waterproof bags, and a customer card. A single box can hold any of the following comfortably:
- 30 VHS tapes;
- 40 Betamax tapes;
- 200 Mini DVs;
- 110 8mm reels;
- 30 VHS-C tapes;
- 150 50-foot reels of film
- 30 reels of 400-foot film;
- 1,500 4×6 prints;
- 10,000 photographic negatives;
- 2,600 loose or stacked photo slides; and
- Three slide carousels.
It will take iMemories approximately two to three weeks after receiving the shipped images to digitise all the inclusions. Once your media has been digitised, they will be hosted in the iMemories cloud for viewing and downloads. Keep in mind that yearbooked iMemories photos will be online for just a month, but they can be kept for longer if you pay an additional fee.
Customers also have the option to have their files saved onto a USB thumb drive, or on either a DVD or Blu-Ray disc. Again, these entail the payment of additional fees and will be shipped in a few weeks.
Remember to always use iMemories promo codes to reduce iMemories cost!
Benefits and User Advantages
For this iMemories reviews, let's take a look at how this product can benefit end-users:
A Great Reputation
The thing about iMemories is that it has been around for a while and has established a strong and steady customer base – one that has remained loyal thanks to the way the company takes care of their media. To date, there have yet to be reports regarding any losses or media damage where iMemories is concerned.
It's important to note in this iMemories reviews that they are also quick to inform their customers with regard to the quality of the media that they sent in for processing: they send a notice at once if the materials aren't of good quality and will offer to restore them. For a fee, of course.
Time iMemories built its reputation on the speed in which it digitises or restores analog media, in just two weeks upon reception, as a matter of fact. For those who ordered files stored on flash drives or disks, the waiting time rarely ever goes over a month.
Reliable Cloud Storage
Hosting customer files on the cloud helps save a lot of space in customers' homes, especially in their attics, closets, or wherever they've been storing their analog media materials. Cloud storage also ensures that files are available for access on or download to any device, anywhere, and anytime.
One of the few issues we need to point out in this iMemories reviews is that it can get quite expensive. Fortunately, the platform regularly offers promotions that can significantly defray the cost of digitisation or burning to device.
“iMemories converted 60+ year old 16mm film into digital media. It was amazing to see my parents and a dear friend again.”Lucy C.
“I have used this company in the past for all my old Super 8 [and] VHS movies, and they did a fantastic job. I am now sending in all my negatives.”
“Well done. Sent slides [and] iMemories converted them to digital [files] beautifully. I was able to share with my children and grandchildren.”Nancy T.
Flat rates for iMemories’ services vary in pricing:
- Videotape conversion;
- Film reel conversion, priced per 50ft of film;
- Photos / photographic negatives priced apiece.
Digital file downloads post-conversion are free, but remember that iMemories will only keep the files online for the month. If you want to keep them on the cloud for longer, it pays to opt for a subscription to their cloud storage service.
As previously stated, digitised files may be saved to a flash drive or to DVD.
Money-Back Guarantee and Refund Policy
Unfortunately for those availing of iMemories' cloud subscription services, the service does not provide refunds for payments that have already been processed. However, it does not charge either cancellation or pending charges for those who want to call it quits with the service. Of course, there are iMemories promo codes and iMemories coupons you can use to lower iMemories cost.
Where Can You Get the Service?
The service may be accessed online through its website.
To wrap up our iMemories reviews;
iMemories gives users the ability to recover memories that they may have thought lost or inaccessible due to changes in technology. While it does come at a considerable cost – and some effort is necessary on the customer’s part as they have to ship the media themselves – it offers a great way to have analog media digitised, ready to be enjoyed again by future generations.
Are there any limits as to how much media I can have digitised?
There are no limits as to how many photos, videotapes, or film reels that you can send to iMemories.
Will I get my media back?
Yes, iMemories makes it a point to send all original media back to owners after processing.
Does the service also restore damaged films or photos?
Yes, but keep in mind this will come at an additional cost on top of the digitisation service.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this iMemories reviews, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of iMemories CPA! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;