⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short Duo Cover Review summary:
Value for Money
The Duo Cover serves as an internal spatter guard for your microwave oven. It has a unique accordion dome shape that can be expanded or retracted to keep your food from splattering as it warms up in the microwave, as well as magnets that keep it attached to the ceiling of your microwave.
- Keeps your microwave clean;
- Helps prevent kitchen injuries;
- Offers alternative mode of cooking
- Limited availability;
- Quite expensive for a kitchen splatter guard
Table of Contents
Introduction to our Duo Cover Microwave Review
You're reading our Duo Cover Microwave review!
The microwave has made it so much easier for us to feed ourselves at mealtimes or even those odd moments when we feel peckish. With our hectic lives, it has enabled us to simply defrost and serve blue-plate meals directly from the freezer, reheat takeaway, or even enjoy an innovative range of snacks from microwavable popcorn to individually portioned desserts cooked from scratch in a matter of minutes.
What we don’t like about using the microwave, however, is the way food tends to splatter inside if you don’t bother to cover things properly. In which case, today’s Duo Cover Microwave review may just give us a great solution to keep our microwaving clean and easy.
For the most part, so long as they aren’t made of metal, practically any dish can be used with a microwave. But this does not address the issue of sauces and fats splattering all over the interior of the oven. While most food container companies have come up with lidded receptacles for use in microwaves, it’s pretty common to encounter a few explosions whenever the stuff you’re heating up expands in the dish and pops the lid off with a bang.
In this case, you may want to swap those containers out in favor of the Duo Cover.
What is a Duo Microwave Cover?
Originally conceived as a Kickstarter project, the Duo Cover is a product from a company called Two Pillars and serves as an internal spatter guard for your microwave oven.
The Duo Cover has a unique accordion dome shape that can be expanded or retracted to keep your food from splattering as it warms up in the microwave, as well as magnets that keep it attached to the ceiling of your microwave.
In this Duo Cover Microwave review, here are the features you can expect:
- Made of BPA-free and food-safe materials;
- Expandable shape serves as a splatter guard to keep interior surfaces clear and prevent burnt fingers;
- MoistureLock technology ensures that meats stay succulent after microwave heating and sauces don’t dry up during the heating process; and
- Microwave-safe magnets to keep the Duo Cover in place during use.
How to use it?
To use your Duo Cover for basic microwave reheating:
- Place the food you want to warm up on a microwave-safe plate or bowl;
- Expand the Duo Cover to the right width to safely cover the plated food;
- Close the MoistureLock knob on top. If you want your proteins to be extra juicy or want to thin out a sauce that’s thickened from chilling, add a bit of water through the provided receptacle;
- Activate the microwave and start the heating process;
- Once the food is done, use the Duo Cover handles to safely take the hot dish out;
- Allow the Duo Cover to cool, then wash and dry thoroughly;
- Return the Duo Cover to the microwave, securing it in place with the magnet provided.
The creators of the Duo Cover also offer a selection of recipes you may wish to try in order to maximize your use and provide you with deliciously healthy meals.
Benefits and Advantages
Using the Duo Cover Microwave offers the following benefits and advantages to your home:
- It’s food-safe and can be used more than once;
- It’s BPA-free and non-toxic so you can enjoy food without any dangerous additives or substances that could impart unpleasant aftertastes to your meal;
- It’s dishwasher-safe, but may also be easily washed with soap and water in the kitchen sink;
- Storage is not a problem as you can retract the Duo Cover when you attach it using the magnets, keeping it well out of view yet allowing it to be pulled out easily for use;
- It also keeps you from nasty burns as the heat-resistant cover allows you to take dishes out of the microwave in a safe, heat-proof manner; and
- You can use it for so much more than heating food, as it can be used to steam, braise, roast, and even bake in your microwave.
Users' Duo Cover Microwave Reviews
In this Duo Cover review, read what actual users say.
“I was introduced to the Duo Cover through a crowdfunding event. My main excitement with the cover was the magnets that would allow it to be moved out of the way when it is not in use, when heating something in a mug or after food is ready for example. I've always hated needing to move my cover outside of the microwave, but thanks to Duo Cover it’s now usually stowed inside the microwave.”Natsy P.
“Duo Cover makes me so glad to move away from plastic microwave covers. I also super-like the ability to use the magnet to put the cover on the ceiling of the microwave to keep it out of the way.”Ricci S.
“The Duo Microwave Cover is awesome. I like how it collapses flat and hides up above the rotating tray; it makes it so easy to clean – just rinse and go. I haven't tried steaming with it or any of the recipe ideas just yet, but I do enjoy using it.”Don T.
Duo Cover for Microwave Pricing (Discounted)
In this Duo Cover review, what about cost?
The Duo Microwave Cover is sold for $39.95 and currently comes in two colors. Note that the cost does not include shipping and handling fees.
For those pledging $40.00 or more for the further development of the Duo Cover on Kickstarter, Two Pillars offers a bundled deal which includes one Duo Cover paired with one Swedish Dishcloth and a reusable SnackZipPack. Note that this Kickstarter offer is only available for those in the Mainland United States.
For those who aren’t happy with the Duo Microwave Cover, Two Pillars offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. However, customers need to shoulder the cost of sending the item back to the manufacturer.
Where to buy?
The Duo Cover for Microwave is available through the official website.
Conclusion to our Duo Cover Microwave Review
Now to wrap up our Duo Cover Microwave review;
What is it best for?
Microwave reheating and cooking.
What is it not best for?
Not for use in conventional ovens or on standard cooktops.
Duo Microwave Cover Alternatives
At present, the EZY Active Microwave Splatter Cover is the top choice and is within the same price range and is made of similar materials.
Duo Cover Microwave Review Final Word
The Duo Cover for Microwave is certainly a godsend for many of us who have been stressed out at needing to clean out our microwave ovens after use, and it gives us an alternative cooking method that is certainly healthier. Therefore, we highly recommend that you try it out!
As with all our other reviews, our Duo Cover review is meant to help potential buyers make informed decisions prior to making a purchase. That said, we recommend shopping around to see what products will best suit your requirements.
Where can I buy a Duo Cover?
The Duo Cover may be purchased through the official Two Pillars website or through the Kickstarter page.
Is the Duo Cover reusable?
Yes, as it is dishwasher-safe and can easily be washed. Plus, the material used for it is highly durable and heat-resistant.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this Duo Cover review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;