⏳ Are you in a hurry? Then here’s your short DJI OM 4 SE Review summary:
Value for Money
DJI OM 4 SE Gimbal is a foldable stabilizer that works well with your smartphone so you can straightaway record whatever you want.
- Lightweight construction for optimal portability;
- Great for transforming mobile footage into pro-looking material;
- Multi-platform / model compatibility
- Involves a higher learning curve;
- Not quite for pro-level production
Table of Contents
Introduction to our DJI OM 4 SE Reviews
You're reading our DJI OM 4 SE reviews!
One of the things that modern digital photography has led to is the creation of numerous solutions to improve the way we take pictures, shoot moving footage for both big and small screens, or create content for social media.
Image stabilizers are among them. Even those with shaky hands can shoot stellar snapshots or cinema-standard footage.
In today’s DJI OM 4 SE reviews, we’ll see how this stabilizer helps people take better photos or shoot gorgeous moving material.
DJI is a brand best known for its drone-deployed camera setups. So what is the DJI OM 4 SE difference? In previous reviews involving the brand, we have noted the quality of their products and the way that they have become must-haves for those who are into outdoor and landscape photography, architects requiring a 360-degree view of projects, and even avid hobbyists.
But did you know that DJI also produced image stabilization equipment to help add polish to your camera work? That’s what we’ll be getting into in today’s review.
What is the DJI OM 4 SE Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer?
DJI OM 4 SE Gimbal is a foldable stabilizer that works well with your smartphone so you can straightaway record whatever you want. It is compact, magnetic, and beginner-friendly.
Right out of the box, in this DJI OM 4 SE review, it comes with the following tools and DJI OM 4 accessories:
- DJI OM 4 SE gimbal motion stabilizer;
- Magnetic phone clamp;
- Grip tripod;
- Power cable;
- Storage pouch;
- Tri-axis stabilization technology; and
- Wrist carrying strap.
In order to use the DJI OME SE 4 gimbal stabilizer, you will also need to download the DJI Mimo application. The DJI OM 4 SE app offers the following features for users:
- Active Track 3.0 which enables users to track moving subjects and capture clear images;
- Story Mode which offers a number of templates with which to kick-start a creative project;
- Face Track which captures people's expressions in the best possible manner;
- Panoramic view;
- Timelapse and Hyperlapse features;
- Simplified media management, which automatically uploads your footage to the crowd;
- Intuitive editing suite; and
- DJI Academy online learning archive to learn how to make the most of your imaging equipment.
How to use it?
To set up your DJI OM 4 SE:
- Download and install the DJI Mimo app for the OM 4 SE into your mobile device;
- Mount your phone onto the DJI OM 4 SE:
- Place and center the magnetic phone clamp onto your phone, ensuring that the DJI logo is aligned with your camera;
- Unfold the gimbal;
- Align the magnet with the magnetic point (a white dot) printed on the DJI OM 4 SE;
- Attach the grip tripod to the DJI OM 4 SE; and
- Activate the device through the app, but note that you will need to create a DJI account to maximize use of the device.
Benefits and Advantages
Gimbals are always very useful. The DJI OM 4 SE definitely delivers in terms of the following benefits:
- Clearer, steadier-looking footage for both stills and moving imagery;
- Allows users to explore their creative side by way of different shoot modes, but most especially Story Mode;
- You never end up with blurred faces or movement thanks to ActiveTrack 3.0 technology, as well as the FaceTrack feature;
- Users are able to shoot from different, even unusual, angles to capture more amazing images; and
- Even novice users can produce professional-looking footage.
Users' DJI OM 4 SE Review
In this DJI OM 4 SE review, what do actual users say?
“The gimbal movement with the DJI OM 4 SE is so smooth! The controls are easy to learn, and it’s light enough to hold for extended shooting. Double click on the button to change from portrait to landscape shooting; it's a snap. The tripod is a bonus, especially when using Track Me. I love it!”David N.
“I get a lot of positive compliments from people who recommended this product! The DJI OM 4 SE is an amazing gimbal, the shots are so smooth, and I've already used it for a number of projects. Definitely not regretting this purchase!”Giann R.
“Upgraded from a knockoff brand to the DJI OM 4 SE and what a difference I've seen in the quality of my video and photo work. Definitely a great product by a great company!”Richard G.
DJI OM 4 SE Price (Discounted)
You can get the DJI OM 4 SE for just $99.00 and users can get 1% of their payment back as DJI Credit for other purchases in the future.
At the moment, there are no offers for multiple orders of the DJI OM 4 SE, but you may get additional accessories together with your purchase.
Suppose you aren’t satisfied with the DJI OM 4 SE and the item has no visible physical defects. In that case, you may return it to the manufacturer for either a refund or replacement within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
The fourteen-day rule also applies to purchases wherein the product is defective or has visible damage.
Where to buy?
To ensure that you’re getting an authentic DJI Mavic 3 and its accessories, we recommend buying the product through its official website.
Conclusion to our DJI OM 4 SE Review
What is it best for?
The DJI OM 4 SE works best for those using iOS / Apple devices as the Mimo app works much better on the platform.
What is it not best for?
It has been reported that the gimbal tends to have problems with some Android models in terms of both equipment fit and app performance.
DJI OM 4 SE Alternatives
- DJI OM 4 SE vs OM4. Between DJI OM 4 vs 4SE, DJI OM 4 SE vs OM 4 are more or less the same in appearance and performance. The only difference is that the OM4SE doesn't come with the Magnetic Ring Holder.
- DJI OM 4 SE vs OM5. While there isn't any significant difference between OM5 and OM4 in terms of stabilization, OM5 has a shorter battery life.
DJI OM 4 SE Review Final Word
Having a gimbal definitely adds something extra to your footage and makes your work look more professional, even if you’re only doing it as a hobby or a spot of fun with family and friends. We highly recommend it!
What are the key features of the DJI OM 4 SE?
- Magnetic design;
- Portable and foldable construction;
- Tri-axis stabilization; and
- DJI Mimo app includes Active Track 3.0, Story Mode, and Gesture control.
Can I use the DJI OM 4 SE with any phone?
Yes, as the gimbal is compatible with Apple, Samsung, Oppo, Huawei, and Vivo devices.
That's all for now:
If you've read all the way through this DJI OM SE 4 review, we are grateful. Hopefully, you now know the features, as well as pros and cons of this amazing product! We have a large collection of articles, guides, and comparison reviews of gadgets, consumer products, and others! Feel free to check them out;